Welcome

I am glad you're here,
but I'm not anymore. . . You can find me over on Wordpress
Hope to see you there!

December 07, 2009

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

For those of you who actually need measurements and such (I use the Zen method of cooking - eye balling it and adding/subtracting whatever I have on hand/looks good)
You will need:
5x9 loaf pan (heh heh, he said loaf)
0.5 cup packed brown sugar
0.5 cup ketchup
1.5 lbs lean (or fatty I suppose) ground beef
0.75 cup milk
2 brown eggs (they could be white but brown = local)
1.5 tsp NaCl (salt)
0.25 tsp black pepper (use white pepper if your affluent enough to afford it)
1 small (if you like a lot of onion use a medium one, or a large one even) onion (yellow is my preference)- chopped (you can mutilate it in any way you want)
0.75 cup finely crushed saltine crackers (ritz crackers could be good too but I've never used them)

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 (you should do this while you assemble the ingredients
2. Press brown sugar into the bottom of the pan.
3. Spread the Ketchup over the sugar.
4. Mix remaining ingredients and place over ketchup/brown sugar
5. Bake for 60min (about)

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of that??