Welcome

I am glad you're here,
but I'm not anymore. . . You can find me over on Wordpress
Hope to see you there!

December 03, 2009

What I've been reading

In the last couple weeks I've read: Iron Elves: A Darkness Forged in Fire by Chris Evans; Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith; Scorpia (Alex Rider, #5) by Anthony Horowitz; Ark Angel (Alex Rider, #6) by Anthony Horowitz; Earthseed by Pamela Sargent; The Alchemyst (Nicholas Flamel, #1) by Michael Scott; The Magician (Nicholas Flamel, #2) by Michael Scott.

The Iron Elves book was very interesting. At it's heart is the basic story of a epic warrior who was dishonored, lost motivation, doesn't fight anymore being sought out because of a new threat. It involves prejudice, good vs. evil, humor ( I laughed aloud as I read some parts), and good characters (that may seem familiar if you're a fan of this genre). It is the first of a series and I believe is the only one published at this time.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies follows the plot of the Jane Austen novel that shares two thirds of the title. It is a bit silly. Once I realized that the silliness was intentional I was able to enjoy the book. The Bennet sisters are an elite fighting team who spent time in Japan studying "the deadly arts"

To be continued . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of that??